On 04/23/2014 08:36 AM, Larry Phipps wrote:
I do a lot of shipping, and here is what I have found...

For most domestic orders we ship using Priority Mail. They deliver 6
days a week to almost everywhere, including PO boxes.

But not everywhere.  For example they won't deliver to my house.

About a year ago, after decades of delivering to my house without problems, they suddenly claimed to have found a regulation that says that if your house is more than 1/2 mile from the public roadway they don't have to deliver.

So to save the driver less than 5 minutes of his time, I have to make a 1-1/2 hour round trip to the post office to pick up my package.

UPS, FedEx, Ontrac and other delivery services deliver to my house. But not the post office.

Can you tell I am not a big fan of the USPS?

Alan N1AL