I am glad the local post office does not enforce that here. We are on a private unpaved road 3/4 mile long, plus the driveway is 1/4 mile long, so the mailman has to travel 1 mile from the public road for parcels that will not fit into the mailbox - and I get several of those each week.

73,
Don W3FPR