Hi Mike,

I beg to differ on that, the slow transmissions have a valid reason to
be so slow, they are working statistics to make a contact with the
lowest power possible...   Does ESSB take less power?  Does it allow for
very weak signals reception... No...

It is there because someone thinks it is cool...  Nothing more.  It is
not innovative, nor does it have any engineering reason for existing on
HF.  All it takes is an equalizer.

Using slow CW is clever approach to a problem, it lets one make a
contact where one would not be possible, ESSB does just the opposite...

Given the same band conditions, the restricted BW signal will outperform
the ESSB signal every time.

It was after all a supporter of ESSB that said it was just fun...  Is
that really it?  It's just cool?

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net