A friend of mine has a flex and can vary his transmitter BW
we ran some tests
and as I told Dick,, if ur gonna chase DX as you narrow your
signal to 2 K or so with  the same mike gain etc really gives you punch
with better average power but no increase in distortion,, well not much
observing it on the P3
taking it much less than that does cause distortion bad sounding audio
but if you know any folk with a flex get them to do the same test
interesting to observe on the P3
Dick still likes to use ESSB but not when 75 is very active

long thread fer sure

HAR

Bob K3DJC