Hello everybody!
Ever since i got my new P3 - i've been looking at people's signals (naturally).
And i've noticed the following:
When using USB on 10 meters, talking locally, there are a couple of folks that
use ICOM radios and i can see these spikes on the left of the carrier.
Normally, in USB, all the signal shows up on the right, correct?
But with these guys there's a lot of signal on the left as well.
And they sound a bit robotic, as if they were off frequency a bit. But they
aren't.
When they switch to, say, Yaesu or a Kenwood i don't see that same graph.
But on the ICOM its very pronounced (except the older ones like 756 Pro III).
Saw it last night with an ICOM IC-7000.

Is this normal? Has anyone else noticed this?
This P3 is certainly giving me a lot of insight i didn't have before...

Thanks in advance!

Slava B
W2RMS