On 4/29/2014 11:03 AM, Phil Kane wrote:
Check with your audiologist to see if there is a device for your aids
that is used to couple to a cellphone and is worn around your neck.

These are available from companies that make radio and infrared systems for the hearing impaired for public spaces. When I was designing and specifying these systems, I used Comtek for RF and Sennheiser for IR. Comtek is near Salt Lake City. See the NTC-102 on this page. http://comtek.com/earphones/ It comes with a 1/8-in plug, probably 2-conductor(tip-shield). You will need to change the plug to a 3-conductor plug (tip-ring-shield).

73, Jim K9YC