On 4/29/2014 11:36 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
I would assume...........a bad thing...........that there are devices that will take the K3 audio out and send it via bluetooth to my remote and then to my ears.

The K3 puts out a volt or two, which is comparable to most consumer devices. A Bluetooth device that works with consumer gear would also work with a K3. The only thing to be concerned about is RFI, and if there are no wires attached to act as a receiving antenna, or if they are very short, I wouldn't expect problems.

One caveat about my earlier response to Phil Kane's post about the neck loop. This works by generating a magnetic field, which couples into a magnetic loop in the hearing aid IF it has one. Not all hearing aids do.

W6OAT likes the hearing aid he got from Costco, which has a jack for a standard 1/8-in cable to plug into a radio. He says it works fine with his K3.

73, Jim K9YC