Joseph,

Blame it on poor lighting at the computer (and my eyes) - yes, C60 is the appropriate capacitor. So the VFO ALC is not the problem - you will have to discover why the VFO is not oscillating. It could be a problem with Q18 or anything in its circuit. Do check Q18 for the correct FET type (J310) and the orientation of D13 and D8 - refer to the parts placement diagram in the back of the manual for the diode orientation.

73,
Don W3FPR