True, The K2/10 does not have a keying output, but the K2/100 does have a Keyout output. Those contemplating the use of the KPA500 and KAT500 will likely have the KPA100 installed.

For those who want to use the K2/10 with the KPA500 or other amplifer, read on ---

For those who would like to add an amp keying line to the K2/10, I refer you to Tom Hammond (SK) N0SS's web information that is being preserved by the MMARC at http://www.mmccs.com/mmarc/n0ss/.

Boards and kits are no longer available - Tom's website is now static, but the information is there including the board layouts if some enterprising amateur would like to create their own boards Tom's K2 amp keying circuit can be easily be implemented on perfboard, the circuit is not that complex.

If the K2 has the K60XV option fitted, there is a Keyout signal available at the K60XV J2 pin 2 - connection to an appropriate output jack is the only thing required. There is room for an RCA jack near the key jack - just be certain the hole you drill is clear of the adjustment for the 40 meter bandpass filter inductors.

73,
Don W3FPR