Hello again on the training of the KAT500:
Don W3WPR points out that I forgot to mention that each band has segments for
which you should find the tuner settings. The segment widths are:
Below 3 MHz -- 10 kHz
3MHz to 26 MHz -- 20 kHz
26 MHz to 38 MHz -- 100 kHz
38 MHz to 60 MHz -- 200 kHz
You should train the KAT500 on at least one frequency in each segment.  For
example, on 20 meters, start at about 14.010 and then move up the band in 20
kHz jumps to fully train the tuner for the entire band.  Of course you don't
have to train it for the whole band or every band if you don't operate on some
frequencies.

73,
Fred KE7x