I have used trees to hang "wire" in the past.

Now I use "metal trees" i.e. Rohn-25 and Rohn-45 metal trees. Much easier to climb and they do not sway near as much. Truthfully, the forest does not reach much higher than50-60 feet in my part of Alaska. We get 50-60 mph winds each year (mainly in Nov-Dec) which lays the native white spruce and birch trees over to about 30 to 45 degrees off plumb and no pulley system will handle that violence. I had my anemometer blown off one of the towers last winter. I guess it registered 65 when I came apart. Just got a phone call, yesterday, that it had been rebuilt and on its way back from the factory.

Two falls ago we had some of the 60-foot spruce blown over that were pulled out by the roots! Had heavy rain for two months beforehand that softened the soil.

I have two 50-foot ROHN-25 spaced 130 foot ad run an inverted-L between them and a 80/40m inverted-V hung from 40-feet on one at right angles to the inverted-L (which is tuned to 600m).

We have one member of the ARRL Experimental Group on 600m that has actually loaded a pine tree to act as a vertical antenna, He wrapped a huge amount of wire around the base of the tree as a coupling coil.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: