In other words, divide up the group so that we all have to subscribe to several lists instead of just one?

Each of those groups will of course tend to wander off topic, and likely into topics that belong on the other group(s).....

We'd also see crossposts, like tp the Yahoo KX3 list and this one.

I've been around reflectors for about 25 years, and this is what they do. Trying to tame them by making more groups will fail.

Best we all just learn to self-moderate a little better.  Myself included.

There is a wonderful piece of software called POPfile, that is pretty amazing in its' ability to sort mail. I haven't tried it on this list, but I'm quite tempted. I think it'd solve the problem for those who can't just skim and delete.

73 -- Lynn