Lots of guys have good results with OCF dipoles all over the world.

I run a weekly nationwide net for a Brand X radio model using a 40-6 meter OCF dipole. I am the loud signal and I hear all and they all hear me. Of course it helps I am in the Midwest, but still, I run 700 watts into it and NO CMC or other problems. I can run more power, but don't because that is enough to get the job done. Power is not an issue on my OCF dipole.

Best advice I ever received on OCF Dipoles comes from a guy who tested several OCF dipoles for common mode noise, and then found the right type of balun/choke to use. IT DOES make a difference how you build and deploy it. If you run the feed line closer to one side than the other, you get CMC. If you use the wrong balun, you get CMC.

See here:  http://www.dj0ip.de/cmc-test/

Using a proper DUAL Core balun - where the transformer is wound on a separate toroid from the choke wound on another toriod - it works fine and you have no CMC noise issue.

Stop by my shack and have a listen. CMC "can" be a problem if you allow it to be, but not if you pay attention to what you are doing. Again, don't believe me... stop by the shack or join my net some Wed evening and see. (We don't care what brand rig you own - its is ham radio and it is all good)

Just MY take. This antenna works better than the AlphaDelta and home brew fan dipoles I used to use... (although I cannot explain why the others did not work as well, they should have...but who knows what they were coupling with in my crowded little lot.)

Happy days.