I have worked at a technology company for many years and there is always
a tension between coming out with the new and nifty product and
improving the old product.  You have to balance keeping your current
customers satisfied with breaking into new markets and acquiring new
customers.  Yes, us K3 owners can always want more.  But, looking at the
initial K3 and what it has today, the ability to keep getting
replacement parts, and the personal support we get on such an "old"
product, I have to give Elecraft congratulations on how well they do.
If I had bought a competitor's product when the K3 came out, more than
likely, I would have whatever was delivered.  With the K3, not only were
improvements made over the years, I could upgrade and/or install those
improvements as they came out.  Someday, the K4 will come out and I know
I will have some envy.  But I am still very thrilled with the value that
has been delivered today and I continue to expect some incremental
improvements in the future however slow they are delivered.

Eric
wb7sde

--
  Eric Ross