Well, I would call that maybe harsh, and for sure commercially unrealistic.

We do not pay for firmware changes, while Wayne's employees have to be paid
every week, the rent paid every month, etc. ad nauseum. So, even though
there was a lot of improvement needed from version zero of the K3, we are
far on the other side of having the K3 quite good enough to sell as is. A
K3 firmware change entirely for the K3 only has become pretty rare. Most
are integration work for the entire K-Line.

We have gotten as much as we have because we supplied the hard testing and
allowed a gradual implementation. Wayne has followed a change regimen that
provided an amazing collection of improvements. He certainly leveraged all
that into the KX3

Myself, I can't honestly think that Wayne owes me anything at all. If he
does throw out some stuff, that's really neat. But at this point anything
else he does for the K3 is far beyond the call of duty. No other ham
manufacturer is even in the same order of magnitude as Elecraft
responsiveness.

I can wish and make polite, respectful requests. But IMHO to insinuate that
Wayne has some remaining unfulfilled duty to the K3 that he *must* supply
is unrealistic at best.

73, Guy.