I would agree with that... but first, there is another point that needs
to be rationalized in the K3 (and, I presume, the KX3 also).

DATA is not a single mode - it is only a "folder name" for a collection
of different data sub-modes. Many of those sub-modes require quite
different settings for the transceiver bandwidth and center frequency;
and that is equally true about the optimum bandwidths for a visual
display.

At present the K3 has... let's call it an "oversight"... in the way that
it memorizes data sub-modes. It correctly memorizes the last-used data
sub-mode on each band, but not the bandwidth setting appropriate to that
sub-mode. Instead, the bandwidth settings for *all* data sub-modes on
*all* bands are overwritten by the settings for whichever sub-mode was
most recently used on *any* band. This is often quite inappropriate, and
inconvenient for anyone whose interests cover a range of data sub-modes.

That problem needs to be fixed in the K3/KX3 firmware before moving on
to upgrade to automate the display settings of the P3 and the PX3.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Joe