To all,

With tongue firmly in cheek and a smile on my face (try that!) let me say to this issue....GET A LIFE, people. I remember the "good old days" of the straight key. I could hardly wait to ditch the @#$%^ thing and get a bug. I bet the use of the straight key was the second leading cause of carpal tunnel syndrome after operating the manual printing press. Then I could hardly wiat to ditch the @[EMAIL PROTECTED] bug, which couldn't be adjusted for decent dot speed without wrapping the arm with about a pound of solder between the weights, for a W9TO Keyer, which I built. Then I couldn't wait to ditch the $%^&* 12AX7 multivibrator circuits which would, at random intervals lock up or send odd length dits or dahs, for a solid state keyer, the Micro TO keyer, which I built. It was pretty good, but I like the modern, Mode B iambic keyers better. I can't warm up to the keyboard method, so here I am....stuck at this point.

I would use the straight key for a few hours on SKN, if I could find my 1957 J-38, but I don't know where it is.

And while I am playing the part of curmudgeon, let me say that no matter which is used, straight key, bug, or modern keyer, the use of the good old QLF Q-signal will be desparately needed.

Having said all of this (which is waaay too much already) let me say that CW is my favorite mode and I encourage everyone to get on by what ever means they can from using two wires to a keyboard and use CW. I will patiently and gladly work you and won't even use the QLF Q-signal.

73 and Merry Christmas to all.

Dave, K4TO