-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Coleman
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 12:20 PM
To: Joseph Trombino Jr
Cc: Elecraft
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SKN rigs

On Dec 23, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Joseph Trombino Jr wrote:

> I'll be using a U.S. Navy flameproof hand key...for a couple of QSO's
> before my wrist breaks down (grin)....hope the CW is intelligible.

Now, if you have that key adjusted correctly, and are using it correctly,
you should be able to send CW all day on a straight key without any problems
or pain.

About 30 years ago, 73 magazine had an excellent article about "glass arm"
-- how telegraph operators would get it and it would put them out of a job.
It also spoke of how to avoid it -- to use a rather wide spacing, loose
trunnions, pivot on your elbow and have your whole arm move when you key. If
you key just with the muscles of your wrist, you'll tire out in no time.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901