I'm a fairly new 2000A owner and trying to get the K3 and 2000A to
communicate properly.

I am using two different logging programs, DXLab and N1MM Logger.

I have the CAT cable with Y-adaptor plugged into the K3. I also am
running a P3 panadaptor, but I don't think that is involved in this
issue. I could be wrong.

When I am NOT running either program, the K3 and the 2000A communicate
properly, i.e. changing bands on the K3 makes the 2000A change bands
normally.

Likewise, when the 2000A is turned off, the K3 communicates to both
programs correctly, i.e. either program reads the VFO frequency
normally.

The problem happens when I have the K3, the 2000A and either logging
program running all at the same time. Communication is lost and I get
error messages saying "the radio on com1 is not responding" and the
like.

I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

73, Bill W6WRT