Hi Bill

Did you build your cable according to schematic on page 34 (figure 7-6)
from Acom 2000 manual?   This wiring diagram is for K3 CAT with ACOM 2000A
only.   I believe this diagram assumes there is no computer connected in.
It only describes the case in which there is a connection between the K3
and Acom 2000A.

If you look at the page 32 (Fig 7-2) which describes the "generic" wiring
between RS232 PC port and Transceiver with ACOM connected via "Y" cable,
you will notice that they only use the RXD wiring and the ground.   TXD
line has been omitted.

RCU DB15 Pin 1 <------->   RS-232 Pin 2
RCU DB15 Pin 5 <------->   RS-232 Pin 5 (Ground)

I initially built the CAT cable using all 3 wires (RXD, TXD + Ground) and
as soon as ACOM would come online,   K3 would not work properly with my
LP-PAN and LP Bridge.   I don't use P3.

I snipped the TXD line after reading your email and now everything appears
to be working fine.  K3+ACOM2000A+PC are tracking frequency smoothly like
usual.

If I now just type the frequency in Win-Test or change the band on my K3,
ACOM nicely parks itself on a whichever band segment it detects by sniffing
the comm traffic between K3 and the PC.

73, Nick
ve3ey