Jeff,
I have mine already configured and ready to go.  I used a Radio Shack Stereo
Y cable RS 42-2463.  Connected the paddle to one side of the Y cable with a
RS 274-284.  From the straight key I used a RS 274-274 in line stereo jack
that I modified in accordance with the K2 manual page 95 figure 8-1 and a
short pice of 1/8 stereo cable (about 6") RS42-2387.  I plugged the straight
key into the modified stereo jack and the 6" extension with the stereo plug
into the other Y cable connection. With this set up I can use either may
paddle or straight key all the time any time?

I hope this helps

Chuck  Gehring