Jeff,

Connect your paddle as a couple other folks have suggested - wire the dot
side to the tip of the stereo plug and the dash side to the ring.  Then add
2 diodes - one each to the Dot and Dash lines (it doesn't matter if the
diodes are at the key or at the K2 end of the cable, take your pick) - the
anodes connect to the paddle lines and the cathodes are connected together
and connected to the straight key (of course, the 2 keys must have their
ground side connected to the sleeve of the plug too).

Be certain your K2 is set for INP PDLn or INP PDLR in the menu, and also be
certain the Auto-detect feature is set on - from the menu INP, press EDIT
then tap DISPLAY - if you see ADET OFF, tap display again to turn it on.

73, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Don W3FPR