is answered by LP-Bridge and *not passed on to the rig*.  Thus, any
hardware that relies on the answers to polling from the rig does not
see any response.  Because LP-Pan blocks the majority of polls to the
rig, the 2000, SteppIR and other similar hardware never gets a chance
to recover when they miss an update as they would with a logger that
polls for frequency and mode two or three times per second.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2014-09-13 12:59 PM, Nick - VE3EY wrote:
Hi Dick and Val
Thanks for sharing this valuable info with the group.

Similar to Bill, W6WRT after I fixed my CAT cable to exclude TXD line my
entire setup started working but later on I realized it wasn't working
reliably. On some occasions,  amp would not detect the frequency change
until after I started spinning the VFO knob.  This was while I had the
Win-Test logging program running and polling my K3.  Autonfo on my K3 is
set to "nor".

On some bands the amp refused to follow the frequency.   For example, I
would switch the radio to 20 meters but the amp for some reason thought it
was still on 15.   If I turn the CAT off on the Acom's RCU unit and
transmit some RF, the amp would correctly switch to 20 and tune up.
Without changing anything else and while the K3 and Win-Test were still on
20m, if I turn the on the CAT on the RCU unit, the amp would jump back on
15m for some reason.

The whole thing started working reliably after I took LP Bridge out of the
picture.   In Win-Test if I define the radio on the real COM port the PC is
connected to the K3 and change the pooling from "Auto" to 300msec the amp
works well.   I changed the band numerous times and Acom followed without a
hitch.

In my case LP-Bridge seems to be confusing the amp but I can't tell why.
LP-Bridge does read everything correctly from the  K3 and Win-Test works
perfectly along with it.

73,  Nick
ve3ey

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Dick Dievendorff <d...@elecraft.com>