In a recent message, David and Dianne on Comcast <dhh...@comcast.net>
writes
>I'm interested in possibly trying the K3EXREF in my good ol'  K3 for no
>good reason other than its something new and fun to try and can give
>some bragging rights about frequency accuracy.  Can any of you comment
>on your experiences in using the K3EXREF? Elecraft provides very little
>background info on how to get started with this accessory after its
>installation.

Go for it, Dave, it works very well.  I have used a Racal-Dana 9475
Rubidium standard (perfectly safe!) and also a GPS disciplined 10MHz
standard, but recently got a 10MHz MV89 double oven CXO which is
inexpensive and excellent. Mine is accurate to the nearest one-hundredth
of a Hertz at 10MHz, which is near enough for me ;-) Search eBay for
MV89 and MV89A. I built mine into a box with its own 12V, 2A regulated
linear PSU. After warm-up it draws just 9W from the supply mains.

73 de David G4DMP

--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |