I really hate Line Feeds (the ENTER). Especially when you're running
several decode windows, they must be pretty small, and a few Line
Feeds will scroll too much stuff out of the window! What I like much
better is a leading space and a trailing space for every F-Key
message. Those spaces are enough to separate your call and exchange
from whatever other stuff is on the screen, because N1MM and WriteLog
will highlight calls. And if that space is there, you can click on
the call (and parts of the exchange), which will copy them to the
data entry window!

While I dislike those who use multiple Line Feeds, I absolutely despise
those who do not start their transmission with *one* Line Feed.  Without
the linefeed, the cursor is not returned to be start of the line and
the call gets buried in the garble (decoded noise) somewhere toward the
end of the line.  The call decoding/highlighting routines in N1MM and
WriteLog are good but they do have their peculiarities ... and will
either highlight more than the call or will only highlight calls in the
"known calls" file - which means they will miss new contesters, those
just working a few stations/new DX, or those who do not submit logs on
a regular basis.

By starting each transmission with {ENTER} the call is almost always
in the first dozen or so spaces on the bottom line of the decode window
and each to "click" if one is using a mouse or right in the center if
view if one is working from the keyboard.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV