Curiously, I just yesterday fired up my new KPA500 (kit) and had a similar issue. I reached out to Elecraft but was away when the return call came through. I was sent a procedure for tuning the KAT500, which is hard to do when the K3 refuses to transmit. As it turns out, for reasons that escape me, TX INH was set Hi in my K3, despite me never (knowingly) have set it, since I have no transceivers. Go into the Config menu and dial up TX INH and make sure it's "OFF".

Wes  N7WS