Yes, the 2m module is a nice add-on; here at home, I use mine to drive transverters for 222, 902, 1296, 2304 and up. On 2m, with just 2w, I'm able to drive my SSPA to a full KW out (see the Oct 2012 QST article on the amp, or on the w6PQL web site).

I do notice an instability on 2m, and hope Elecraft will address this when time permits. You won't notice this on SSB or FM, but in CW the carrier frequency jumps around a few Hz in a random fashion. You can also hear this on the KX3 LO signal in another receiver nearby tuned to the same frequency; it's barely detectable at 6m, and not at all on 10m and below, but it does make 2m CW sound less than pure.

For me it was a great buy, and a replacement for older and less capable radios...I especially appreciate the ability to net transverter local oscillator offsets, and many of the other features.

Jim