President: Peterborough Amateur Radio Club.
dm...@nexicom.net
VE3DVY,  VE3SD

On 11/24/2014 11:31, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

On 2014-11-24 11:14 AM, Bob NW8L wrote:
Fldigi has a TX level *attenuator* control on the status bar (to the
left of the AFC button) that can be used to trim the TX level. It can
be used to adjust levels downward to match those of other programs.

The K3 *can not* adjust transmit level (power output) by reducing audio
drive.  If you reduce drive below the ALC threshold, power output will
become unstable and "drift".  Set your sound card output to a fixed
level (typically 60 to 80% of maximum), adjust the K3 Line IN control
for four to five bars of ALC, then adjust desired power output using
the K3 PWR control.

Any other procedure risks unstable power output (low end) or significant
distortion (high end).

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV