Bruce,

I would expect a Hi REFL message rather than Hi Cur if SWR was the problem.
Check your power supply connections. If you have bolts and nuts on the power supply output terminals, if the bolts turn (even slightly) when you tighten the nuts, you will have to dig inside the power supply to fully tighten the bolts to the lugs on the inside.

With Elecraft gear, a low power supply voltage will result in a higher current draw from the power supply. Elecraft gear seeks to maintain the requested power output, and a low supply voltage means that the current must increase to maintain the power level.

73,
Don W3FPR