What might be even more interesting is mineral oil immersion cooling.
You would still need a heatsink to conduct heat away from the PA
device(s) but the advantage to oil immersion cooling is that it can also
efficiently cool all the other parts such as Low pass filter coils,
Voltage regulators, power supply etc.

It's becoming a thing in High performance computing for servers
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2012/09/04/intel-explores-mineral-oil-cooling/

I guess one of the questions at RF is how much the dielectric constant
of the oil will change things and if it's enough that it needs to be
taken into account at the design phase.

For our application the thermal mass of the oil combined with our duty
cycles would also help keep the radiator requirements reasonable

I love the idea of having a silent High power Amplifier.

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ