Oops typo.  "F-14" aircraft

On 12/16/2014 10:27 AM, Wes (N7WS) wrote:
Unless you want to run fresh water down the drain (in Arizona we don't do this) you have to get the heat into the air someplace. I'm not sure that running water lines to outside air is much easier than getting coax through a concrete wall.

Speaking of difficult, the U.S. Navy AIM-54A Phoenix Missile which with I was intimately familiar, used oil (Coolanol) cooling. Chassis were mounted on cold plates and the vacuum tube modulator and pulse transformer were immersed in oil and it also circulated through the PA klystron. Lines ran from the missile umbilical to the wing or belly mounted launchers then to the F4 aircraft where a conditioning unit resided. The stuff was insidious to work with. I ruined lots of clothes, And it was hygroscopic, just the thing to use on a ship-borne system.