The subject should probably read, "Possible P3 Anomaly." "Anomaly" is a
word used extensively at NASA to indicate anything from a burned out
indicator lamp to the rocket landing pointy end down outside of Phoenix.

Test setup:
K3 #642 latest production FW
P3 latest production FW, no SVGA
KPA500
KAT500 [KPA and KAT cabled with Elecraft cables]
TX TEST [i.e. making no RF]
QSK
VOX ON
QRQ OFF

N1MM off
5 min of VVV VVV VVV ... @ 25 WPM [K3 internal keyer]
Result: No P3 recovery delays

N1MM on sending VVV VVV VVV ... @ 25 WPM for 5 min
Result: No P3 recovery delays

N1MM on
5 min of VVV VVV VVV ... @ 25 WPM [K3 internal keyer]
Result: No P3 recovery delays

N1MM on
5 min of VVV VVV VVV ... @ 25 WPM [external WinKeyUSB]
Result: No P3 Recovery delays

Apparently all P3's are not created equal and I got one of the good
ones. :-)

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 50th Running of the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org