My suspicion is that the presence or absence of this problem has something to do with the K3 to P3 communication when the K3 tells the P3 that it is finished transmitting and is now in receive mode. If that communication is disrupted for any reason, the P3 would not begin its read of the IF spectrum.

I am not any expert on how the internals of that communication happens, and we may have to wait until the K3/P3 engineers return from "holiday vacations" before we can see a response from them. In other words, wait until next week before expecting any meaningful responses. My input is purely a guess.

73,
Don W3FPR