Hi Mark,

One resource you might like is this QRP website: www.4sqrp.com

It is a QRP club that has many activities and a yearly convention. Also includes a monthly newsletter and various kits (which support the annual event). Super bunch of hams.

72, Phil Anderson, W0XI

Mark Tellez <mailto:aar...@gmail.com>
Sunday, January 04, 2015 12:34 PM
Hello all and happy 2015!

I am not new to amateur radio but I am new to the world of QRP.
I recently received a KX3 and would like to try it out. I live in Colorado
and I have access to both a Buddipole and an Alexloop antenna.

I have a few questions as a QRP newbie:

1) what are the most popular QRP bands for monitoring and what are the main
calling frequencies (day and night)?

2) is there a book or website that will give a QRP newbie some background
info on the do and don'ts of QRP?

3) I am looking for an antenna that can be left attached to the KX3 that
will provide decent HF reception so that I can monitor frequencies during
the times when my other antennas are put away. Any suggestions?

4) I am considering buying a PAR end fed antenna. Any comments on the PAR
vs my other options (Alexloop, Buddipole)?

Thanks,

Mark

Message delivered to aldenmcduf...@sunflower.com

---