On Sun, 4 Jan 2015, Ken G Kopp wrote:
Fred's certainly correct with his advice about not signing "/QRP". Many see it as some form of "I'm special, take pitty on me" or "whining".

The best reason for not using /QRP even if it is legal (and it cetrainly isn't legal everywhere) is that it makes your call four characters shorter! The longer your call, the more trouble it is to get across, especially when your signal's on the low side. I took my KX3 away from base over Xmas, and was required (by licence conditions) to operate as 5Z4/M0LEP/P then. Save "/" for adding essential information. If you feel you *must* mention that you're QRP, do so without encumbering your callsign; it makes accurate logging much easier for your contacts.

73, Rick 5Z4/M0LEP (for a few more days)