My KAT500 is getting power-cycled in CW and RTTY modes at various drive levels
from the K3 on different bands.  I can run SSB full power with no problems at
all, and receive superb audio reports (no hint of RF in my transmissions).  I
am thinking I have either an excessive voltage drop on the AC circuit or
perhaps there is enough RF getting into the shack to trip up the KAT500 power
when using the higher duty cycle modes.
Everything is running on the same 120v house circuit.  I experimented with
moving both the amp and the KAT500 to a different circuit in the same room, but
this did not solve the problem.  Let me first describe the equipment, and then
I'll list the frequencies and power thresholds that tripped the KAT500 into a
power cycle:
Antenna: Traffie Hex Beam.  Very low SWR, typically 1.2 or less, sometimes 1.5
on 10 and 12 meters.  The antenna is over a portion of the house, and about 20
feet away from the shack.  The coax is grounded at the base of the antenna (two
ground rods, through a lightning arrestor).
KAT500: I have this in BYPASS mode.  I don't really need the tuner for the hex
beam, but I plan on using it with a future vertical for 40m.  I am powering the
KAT500 with its own AC power adapter.  For good measure, I wrapped about 4
turns of the power cord through a ferrite bead at the transformer end of the
cable.  This is a 15V 1000mAh power adapter from Radio Shack.
KPA500 is plugged into the same circuit on its own outlet at the wall.  HV
reads 78.5 at rest.  The unit is sitting on top of the KAT500 with the foldout
legs extended.
K3 is powered with an Astron RS-35M, on the same house circuit.
P3 is powered by the K3 VDC out
On 15 meters CW, the KAT500 begins to experience power cycles driving 20-22
watts.  The amp, when it crosses about 450 watts, the KAT500 power cycles.  I
ran 30 watts into it for about 620+ out with no problems on SSB,  SWR never
exceeded 1.2 on the KAT500's indicator lamps.
On 12 meters CW, the KAT500 begins to experience power cycles driving just 9
watts (about 180w out).  SWR on this band is a steady 1.5.   I did have some
success by moving the KAT500's power adapter to the other circuit in the room
and was able to push the K3 to 22 watts (480 out) before the powercycling
returned.  This lead me to believe I had a voltage drop issue, perhaps from
running the amp on the same 110 circuit.  But on 10 meters I still had problems
even using the other circuit to power the KAT500.  That makes me think noise is
getting into the KAT500, or perhaps RF from the antenna is putting noise on my
AC house circuits.  I was able to run the amp to full power on SSB with no
power cycling of the KAT500.
On 10 meters the KAT500 power cycles with just 6 watts drive (170 out).  On
phone I can run full power with no issues.  SWR is 1.2 on this band.

I have a Morgan AC line filter arriving tomorrow and I'll see if the problem
persists with it filtering the house circuit feeding the shack equipment.

Do these symptoms smell more like a noise issue (RF in the shack) or a line
voltage deficiency with the house circuit?  I'm think probably taxing the line
in the higher duty cycles, and it just manifests at different thresholds on
different frequencies.
When transmitting a long string of CW or RTTY, if the KAT500 gets into repeated
power cycles the KPA500 eventually throws a fault.
Some other observations: If I turn on my desk lamps, at the higher outputs the
lamps will modulate slightly with my voice.  I think I'm sucking too much juice
from the circuit, but this is just a guess on my part.  Generally the only
other piece of equipment in the house that seems to be affected by RF is our
DirectTV receiver (the notorious touch-panel design).  It is generally only
affected on 10 meters, with a high duty cycle mode like RTTY.
Can anyone provide me some more troubleshooting tips?
Thanks!Jeff, W6UX