Right, the P3 would work only in tracking mode (no fixed-tune mode) and the sub receiver frequency and receiver bandwidth would not display on the P3. Also, click-to-QSY would not work and the reference level would not be correct. But you can still change the span, offset the center frequency, change the reference level and scale, turn on the waterfall and averaging, adjust the markers (reading relative frequency) and use most of the other features.

Alan N1AL