I do think this DXpedition is suffering from a new (to me) low in behavior. We have the usual problems with people tuning on the DX fx, responding when they shouldn't, and not getting into split -- I've had that problem and thank the people, here and elsewhere, who helped me become a better op. But I have see what I can only interpret as deliberate interference with K1N. I have noticed him change frequencies by 500 Hz to get away from steady carriers, the only such on my P3, and what was a strange, long lasting signal that had a bandwidth of 50Hz or so and wiped him out completely at my QTH. I usually use narrow CW bandwidths to improve the S/N, but here it is to cut out the QRM signals that aren't well matched to his.

I have noticed one strategy which seems perverse. Send the signal report with your initial call, in hopes he will log the call, even if you can't read his signal. It's simple, just request a QSL later, or log him every 20 minutes into LotW and see where the matches come. Come on guys, it's a hobby. It's not real unless you earn it and can face yourself in the mirror afterwards.

But enough ranting.

73 Bill AE6JV