Gary Gregory <vk1zzg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...a very expensive shipping cost to and from the factory….

Gary,

We've been shipping the K3 since 2008. Things do wear out, sometimes, with
products that get nearly continuous use (like K3s). We strive to locate and
ship the best-quality parts we can that are compatible with the existing PC
boards. And we do improve module designs as time permits.

That said, you seem to have an extreme case.

If you don't want to incur the cost of having us make these simple repairs or
mods, perhaps you can find someone locally in VK--a PC or appliance repair
shop, maybe even another ham with the needed tools. We can put together a
package deal on all of the parts you think are required to bring your K3 back
up to full health. I'll see to it that you're given pricing commensurate with
your long history as a K3 owner.

73,
Wayne
N6KR