----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Morrow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Is CW a Language? OT

Sandy wrote:

Even prisoners used it in prison camps by tapping on walls or pipes.

I don't think International Morse serves very effectively when the characters must be simple taps. How does the receiving operator tell if a tap is supposed to be a dash? In my experience, I'd say it can't be done.

Howdy Mike:

Might I suggest that dragging a rock along the prison wall for a second or so can be used to make a DASH.....as compared to the short tap of the rock against the wall for a DOT.

Seems reasonable.....think about it.

                                   73, Joe W2KJ
I QRP, therefore, I am