On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:21 PM, Sandy W5TVW wrote:

The Amateurs and airplane pilots seem the only ones who still use it.
(Yes, airplane pilots STILL have to use Morse to decode the aural
identification of DME/VOR/NDB transmitters/beacons.)

Yeah, but for us pilots, we only have to decode a handful of letters repeated over and over. Plus, the morse is depicted on the chart and the speed is slow (like 5-8 WPM).

My instructors were impressed when I would identify VORs without looking at the chart....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901