Folks - Let's not get into an argument over amp gain.

We're currently restricted by FCC rules (thought I hope that eventually goes
away..)

Let's let the thread rest for now in the interest of limiting list traffic overload for others.

73 and have a great weekend!

Eric
elecraft.com

Oliver,

We now have devices capable of 22 or even 30 dB of clean
amplification. Why should we not use it?

Many of the solid state devices that claim 22 dB or more of gain are
*not* clean at maximum output.  That 22 dB specification is based on