Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:23 PM
To: j...@audiosystemsgroup.com ; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 KXV3B install problems

Thanks to Jim and Drew for the help.
I talked to Elecraft support.
I tried bending the pins, loosening the side and back panels, pins were just
too long.  With the KXV3B lined up and in position, and with the pins behind
the header, the pins touched the main board.
Support said it was ok to cut the pins so I cut tiny bits off till it would
go in the header.
If the back was off it would probably go in easily but just too many little
screws, nuts etc. to do that.
Also, I think it would help if there was an instruction sheet just for us
who upgrade from the KXV3A/KXV3.
Now to load the new firmware..  thanks and 73
Emory  WM3M

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Brown