Wes, good luck with that.

One more story that may be of benefit.  But the summary is that such
noise may be caused by a source on one of may drops from this branch
circuit you're on.  The source may even be on another distribution
circuit, though I don't think this is likely.

I had a timed problem like yours.  Every day at  5PM +/- a few
minutes, S9+20 dB arc noise would show up on 40 and 80m.  Since I had
a MARS net above 80m, I couldn't really do much with that noise level
present.

I scheduled one of the SCE (Edison) power quality staff to come out
and see if it was something SCE could fix.  Skipping several of his
visits, he found an old 240 - 480 transformer that was on a daily
timer.  There *had* been a pump on its output but that was long gone
and the output was arcing over at the secondary cabling.  There is
just enough ex-citrus land around here to have a few ages-old pieces
of junk electrical equipment like that.  The SCE guy disconnected the
primary and the problem went away forever.  In a staight line, this
transformer problem was almost 1/2 mile away, and not even on the same
distribution circuit we're on here.

73,
matt
W6NIA

Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
--
"Always store beer in a dark place."  -R. Heinlein