per octave pre-emphasis) to +6, +10, +12 (6 dB per octave).

Both the low and high frequency adjustments may change a bit
depending on the response of the microphone.  A "communications"
(e.g. paging or "radio") mic will need less pre-emphasis as some
is built into the mic element.  A recording mic will need even
more low cut because of proximity effect (bass build-up).

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

On 2015-07-05 1:23 PM, Clive Lorton wrote:
On 05/07/2015 15:06, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
The Heil PR-781 is <snip> but they are a good value for reasonable
quality.
I always find this thread a waste of time, it come up regularly. The
subject is so personal.  Heil, Yamaha, Shure etc. well as I see its down
to comfort and the sound quality of your voice and/or ears.

My advise would be to try out what your friends use, or go to your local
friendly Ham Radio Store and try some out there. Make your own choice.
Headphones have to be comfortable.  Microphones have to suit your voice.

Just my 2 pence worth from across the pond....

73 Clive G8POC

Message delivered to li...@subich.com