I don't know where others might come from, but for me running sound stage
diversity implies two IDENTICAL receivers each being fed to one ear.
Assigning a requirement that that all should behave normally when the
receivers are NOT identical seems unfair among other things.

Do we really want the time and cost of Wayne's research spent trying to
fake two dissimilar receivers to behave alike in diversity?

Why do you want diversity beyond 2.8 kHz bandwidth? For
AM? If so don't you really need identical filters for your preferred
reception method for AM?

For what it's worth I use SSB reception (including a pair of identical SSB
filters 2.7 or 1.8) on AM for best diversity reception of weak AM, and that
includes music if it's far enough out of the noise.

73, Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone