Randy,

If your LP100A is on the antenna side of your KAT500 then you are putting your
LP100A in the region of higher SWR if your antenna is not close to resonance.
I think you would want to put your LP100A in the inboard side of the KAT500 so
that you are properly showing the “tuned” SWR on the LPA100A and your readings
will be more accurate I believe.

If you want to know the antenna side of the SWR, what the KAT500 refers to as
the Bypass SWR since it is the SWR you see if you bypass the KAT500, then you
can use the KAT500 utility program to display that.

I am not seeing the problems you describe.  For example, when I run without the
TX Mon Sensor in place, there are absolutely no SWR problems at all (look again
at the configuration below that I have).  I should also note that today I did
not see any problems with the SWR spurts I originally reported even with the TX
Monitor sensor inline.

73, phil, K7PEH