From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jerry
Moore
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 9:38 PM
To: Bob McGraw - K4TAX; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] normal K3 voltage drop on TX

I respectfully disagree. A properly made crimp is superior to a soldered
connection. The key word being properly made. If you don't have the correct
tools to do a proper crimp then a good compromise is to solder the
connection after crimping, however, that's only to comply with connection
best practice to establish a good mechanical and electrical connection. A
proper crimp serves to mechanically weld the conductors together.
Jer, AE4PB
K3S TBA

his email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to
alderm...@windstream.net