> On Aug 23, 2015, at 9:50 AM, RIchard Williams via Elecraft
> <elecraft@mailman.qth.net> wrote:
>
> WIth Radio Shack going tits up...

Well, your report of RadioShack’s death is premature.  They went through a
Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding,  They emerged from Chapter 11 three months
after filing, which is VERY fast by bankruptcy court standards. The network of
stores was rationalized, with about half being closed, but 1400 remain open. I
don’t count on RS very much for component supply, but there are still three RS
stores within five miles of my house, versus 6 a year ago.

We’ll know that they are truly about to “go tits up” if the parent company
files for Chapter 11 a second time (or, as the joke goes among bankruptcy
lawyers, “Chapter 22.”)

Lew

Lew Phelps N6LEW
Pasadena, CA DM04wd
Elecraft K3-10 / KXV144 / XV432
Yaesu FT-7800
l...@n6lew.us
www.n6lew.us

Sent from my Mac Pro 256-Array Supercomputer (9.42 teraflops)