George Danner wrote:
> Once you start down the path to "Idiot-Proofing" equipment, you will soon
> learn that the average idiot is much more clever than you ever imagined!
>
> 73 George AI4VZAnd keep in mind.. just one itsy thing.. this is a hobby, it
> is a unique tool to LEARN with, not solely for the entertainment of the
> masses.
Through AMATEUR radio, many strides have been made, through the auspices of
"don't touch it till we make is safe!".. I can not think of ONE.. not a single
advancement made in amateur radio. IF it can't be touched until it is totally
safe, just exactly who proofs the floor in your bedroom every morning, who
starts your coffee... ok.. too far? Who is it that proved the trips to outer
space were safe? No risk there? Right. ok.. too far? So just where does it
stop,... and just exactly where does one actually accept the risk of living...
of being free... or is that what we are really talking about?  IF you don't
want to play.. ok fine.. then don't.  IF you do... then learn, accept the risks
and LEARN.. make notes.. review the notes.. LEARN.. if you don't like the way
something is done.. build a better mousetrap.. they will come.. but do NOT try
to stuff a mousetrap with a broken spring.. into my shopping bag. I still want
to learn.

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy